Quality Assurance Engineer
I have provided technology support for the performing arts industry for two decades, and now specialize in QA and automation. I started out as a PERL programmer at a web development shop. I spent twelve years as a freelance webmaster and programmer, handling web presences for Broadway writers Frank Wildhorn and Nan Knighton among other projects. I then spent eight years in charge of quality assurance at Patron Technology. I am currently a QA Engineer at LogMeIn. I can be reached on LinkedIn, or via gmail: PeterWilliamsQA
QA Engineer - LogMeIn, Inc.
6/2019 - Present
Product Testing Manager - Patron Technology, LLC
11/2010 – 11/2018
- Promoted to Testing Manager in July 2014 (from Associate Product Developer). From that point on I focused entirely on testing.
- Created the complete test plan and process for the flagship product: PatronManager CRM, an all-in-one solution for non-profit performing arts company administration, built on the Salesforce platform.
- Managed and performed functional, user acceptance, and regression tests for the cloud-based service and two connected Android apps.
- Built automated testing tools using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Tested hardware components and integrations with credit card processors and other third-party technology.
- Provided additional technical support as an Associate Product Developer, including creating custom, interactive venue seating charts with SVG and XML; maintaining a piece of custom-built software; assisting with daily transactional reconciliation; and handling all product testing.
Freelance webmaster and programmer - Williams Web Design
03/1999 – 06/2011
- Designed and maintained websites for Broadway composer Frank Wildhorn, lyricist Nan Knighton, and the musicals Jekyll & Hyde and The Scarlet Pimpernel.
- Managed message boards and mailing lists related to Frank Wildhorn and Nan Knighton's shows.
- Created custom PERL-based web applications for a department at the University of Pittsburgh, incorporating LaTeX and MathML components.
Web Software Developer - Level 9, Inc. (C. K. Interactive)
08/1997 – 03/2001
- Built and maintained large-scale custom web solutions - primarily with PERL and SQL.
- Spearheaded efforts to create modern e-commerce software.
- Developed extranets, message boards, a Virtual University, and other custom coded systems.
Co-founded Middlebury College Musical Players
Produced the first student-run show: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts of America
SQL (SOQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
HTML / XHTML
Others as needed
Studied Music and Theatre
Middlebury College, Vermont
Puzzles & Trivia